Police: No threat at Citizens Bank Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police bomb squad says there is no threat after they were called to Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday morning.
It was around 9:45 a.m. when police were called to 10th and Packer.
Sources tell Action News that a worker was cutting grass outside the stadium, home of the Philadelphia Phillies, when he apparently struck something. That worker, sources said, claimed that object "exploded."
Police were called to the scene and investigated the incident.
About an hour after it all began, police declared the incident "unfounded."
philadelphia, south philadelphia, citizens bank park, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos