Police: No threat at Citizens Bank Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police bomb squad says there is no threat after they were called to Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday morning.
It was around 9:45 a.m. when police were called to 10th and Packer.
Sources tell Action News that a worker was cutting grass outside the stadium, home of the Philadelphia Phillies, when he apparently struck something. That worker, sources said, claimed that object "exploded."
Police were called to the scene and investigated the incident.
About an hour after it all began, police declared the incident "unfounded."
philadelphia, south philadelphia, citizens bank park, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 7 min ago
- Milder Monday 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 7 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 7 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 7 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
7 min ago