Police: No threat at Citizens Bank Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police bomb squad says there is no threat after they were called to Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday morning.
It was around 9:45 a.m. when police were called to 10th and Packer.
Sources tell Action News that a worker was cutting grass outside the stadium, home of the Philadelphia Phillies, when he apparently struck something. That worker, sources said, claimed that object "exploded."
Police were called to the scene and investigated the incident.
About an hour after it all began, police declared the incident "unfounded."
philadelphia, south philadelphia, citizens bank park, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)