Two police officers hurt in North Philadelphia crash
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia police officers were hurt in a crash on Tuesday morning.
It happened around 9:00 a.m. at Broad and York in North Philadelphia.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash, but the cruiser struck a light pole at the intersection.
Another car, a black BMW, was also stopped at the scene and appeared to have front-end damage.
Two female officers were sent to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
The department's Accident Investigation Division is heading up the investigation.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 32 min ago
- Turning Milder 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 11 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
32 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
11 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
29 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
17 min ago