Fatal crash involving pickup, tractor trailer in Gloucester Co.
SOUTH HARRISON TWP., N.J. - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a pickup truck and a tractor trailer in Gloucester County, New Jersey on Tuesday.
The crash happened just before noon at the intersection of Route 45 and Monroeville Road in South Harrison Township.
Authorities say the tractor trailer, carrying roof trusses on a flatbed trailer, was traveling north on Route 45 when it struck the pickup truck broadside at the Monroeville Road intersection.
The pickup was traveling eastbound on Monroeville Road. The driver was transported to Cooper Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The collision sparked a fire in the cab of the tractor trailer. The truck driver died at the scene of the crash.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
Names of the drivers are being withheld pending notification of their families.
So far no charges have been filed in the case.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 5 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 26 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 24 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 28 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 16 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 18 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
26 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos