Man lying in road run over by hit-and-run driver
NEWARK, Del. - July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run in Newark on Wednesday morning.
Police say the 33-year-old Francis Zgleszewski of Wilmington was lying in the southbound lane of Glasgow Avenue when he was struck and run over by a 2012 Honda Civic.
The incident happened at 3:12 a.m. on Glasgow Avenue, south of Cann Road.
The striking vehicle never stopped, continuing southbound on Glasgow Avenue.
Zgleszewski was pronounced dead at the scene.
Evidence collected and analyzed at the scene by police indicated that the striking vehicle was identified as a 2012 Honda Civic, red in color, with damage to its left front corner.
Through further investigation, Troopers were able to locate the Honda and the driver, 22-year-old Kristin Murani at her residence in Bear, Delaware.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The Delaware State Police Crash Reconstruction Unit continues to investigate.
newark, delaware, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos