Man lying in road run over by hit-and-run driver
NEWARK, Del. - July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run in Newark on Wednesday morning.
Police say the 33-year-old Francis Zgleszewski of Wilmington was lying in the southbound lane of Glasgow Avenue when he was struck and run over by a 2012 Honda Civic.
The incident happened at 3:12 a.m. on Glasgow Avenue, south of Cann Road.
The striking vehicle never stopped, continuing southbound on Glasgow Avenue.
Zgleszewski was pronounced dead at the scene.
Evidence collected and analyzed at the scene by police indicated that the striking vehicle was identified as a 2012 Honda Civic, red in color, with damage to its left front corner.
Through further investigation, Troopers were able to locate the Honda and the driver, 22-year-old Kristin Murani at her residence in Bear, Delaware.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The Delaware State Police Crash Reconstruction Unit continues to investigate.
newark, delaware, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 9 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 20 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
2 min ago