Police: Pa. man stalked woman he believed was ex
NEW CASTLE, Pa. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania man is jailed on charges he has harassed and stalked a woman, apparently under the mistaken belief that he was once married to and fathered children with her.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 45-year-old Robert Allen Young, of New Brighton, who remained in the Lawrence County Jail on Thursday.
The Beaver County Times (http://bit.ly/PuSmIN ) reports state police have charged him with felony stalking and other crimes for contact he's allegedly had with the woman and her real husband since December 2010.
The woman's husband tells police he used to be friends with Young, but that Young was never married to the woman, nor does he have children with her.
Police say Young allegedly left cards and gifts on the couple's porch for the woman and the imaginary children on July 19.
Information from: Beaver County Times, http://www.timesonline.com/
pennsylvania, stalking, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 16 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 46 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 11 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos