Man shot several times on Roosevelt Boulevard
OLNEY - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man in his 20s was shot numerous times overnight on the Roosevelt Boulevard in Philadelphia's Olney section.
Police say it happened around 1:00 a.m. Thursday near Mascher Street.
The victim was wounded in the arm and head and then ran across the Boulevard to get help. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center and admitted in stable condition.
Roosevelt Boulevard traffic was stopped in both directions for about two hours while police conducted their investigation.
Police say the victim was confused and unsure about how he was shot, and investigators later learned he was highly intoxicated.
There is no word at this time on a suspect or a motive.
The initial report from the scene was that the man was stabbed, but police later said the man was shot.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 33 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire