Police ID body found in Maple Shade pond
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the body of a man found floating in a pond in Maple Shade, Burlington County on Thursday morning.
The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Daniel T. Donahue.
Authorities say just before 6:45 a.m. Thursday a Maple Shade Police Department patrol officer was flagged down by a person reporting a body in the Steinhauer Pond located at the Ralph J. Steinhauer Park on the 400 block of West Main Street.
Maple Shade police responded to Steinhauer Pond and located a body floating near the water's edge.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, and the New Jersey State Police TEAMS unit also responded to the scene.
Divers recovered the body from the water.
Donahue was transported to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's office in Westampton, NJ.
According to the Medical Examiner, Donahue died from drowning and there is no evidence of foul play.
He has previous addresses in Maple Shade and Runnemede, NJ.
The park was closed for hours on Thursday but has since reopened.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 12 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 48 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
12 min ago