Police ID body found in Maple Shade pond
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the body of a man found floating in a pond in Maple Shade, Burlington County on Thursday morning.
The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Daniel T. Donahue.
Authorities say just before 6:45 a.m. Thursday a Maple Shade Police Department patrol officer was flagged down by a person reporting a body in the Steinhauer Pond located at the Ralph J. Steinhauer Park on the 400 block of West Main Street.
Maple Shade police responded to Steinhauer Pond and located a body floating near the water's edge.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, and the New Jersey State Police TEAMS unit also responded to the scene.
Divers recovered the body from the water.
Donahue was transported to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's office in Westampton, NJ.
According to the Medical Examiner, Donahue died from drowning and there is no evidence of foul play.
He has previous addresses in Maple Shade and Runnemede, NJ.
The park was closed for hours on Thursday but has since reopened.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 27 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 39 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos