Police ID body found in Maple Shade pond
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the body of a man found floating in a pond in Maple Shade, Burlington County on Thursday morning.
The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Daniel T. Donahue.
Authorities say just before 6:45 a.m. Thursday a Maple Shade Police Department patrol officer was flagged down by a person reporting a body in the Steinhauer Pond located at the Ralph J. Steinhauer Park on the 400 block of West Main Street.
Maple Shade police responded to Steinhauer Pond and located a body floating near the water's edge.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, and the New Jersey State Police TEAMS unit also responded to the scene.
Divers recovered the body from the water.
Donahue was transported to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's office in Westampton, NJ.
According to the Medical Examiner, Donahue died from drowning and there is no evidence of foul play.
He has previous addresses in Maple Shade and Runnemede, NJ.
The park was closed for hours on Thursday but has since reopened.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos