Police ID body found in Maple Shade pond
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the body of a man found floating in a pond in Maple Shade, Burlington County on Thursday morning.
The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Daniel T. Donahue.
Authorities say just before 6:45 a.m. Thursday a Maple Shade Police Department patrol officer was flagged down by a person reporting a body in the Steinhauer Pond located at the Ralph J. Steinhauer Park on the 400 block of West Main Street.
Maple Shade police responded to Steinhauer Pond and located a body floating near the water's edge.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, Burlington County Medical Examiner's Office, and the New Jersey State Police TEAMS unit also responded to the scene.
Divers recovered the body from the water.
Donahue was transported to the Burlington County Medical Examiner's office in Westampton, NJ.
According to the Medical Examiner, Donahue died from drowning and there is no evidence of foul play.
He has previous addresses in Maple Shade and Runnemede, NJ.
The park was closed for hours on Thursday but has since reopened.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies