Snoozing Trenton police officer suspended
TRENTON, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials have suspended a police officer in New Jersey's capital city after a photo of him asleep in his patrol car was posted online.
The photo of Trenton Police Officer Richard Takach was taken by a passerby.
City Police Director Ralph Rivera Jr. tells The Trentonian newspaper having a sleeping officer in uniform, in a patrol car and carrying a gun is "dangerous to the city whether the officer is working or not."
Takach's lawyer, Stuart Alterman, tells the newspaper the 12-year veteran of the force was "not on city time" and needs to work additional hours because of living expenses.
Private companies pay the city to hire officers who want to increase their salaries.
Information from: The Trentonian, http://www.trentonian.com
trenton, new jersey, police, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list