9 arrested during DUI checkpoints
DOVER, Del. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Highway officials say nine people were arrested for driving under the influence during the fourth weekend of the 2012 Checkpoint Strikeforce DUI prevention campaign.
Last weekend's arrested bring the total of DUI arrests during the campaign to 42. In the state, more than 2,600 DUI arrests have been made this year.
The addition to DUI arrests, citations were issued for numerous other offenses and three wanted people were apprehended.
Three checkpoints will be conducted Friday and Saturday in Bear, Seaford and Harrington.
dover, delaware, DUI, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ