9 arrested during DUI checkpoints
DOVER, Del. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Highway officials say nine people were arrested for driving under the influence during the fourth weekend of the 2012 Checkpoint Strikeforce DUI prevention campaign.
Last weekend's arrested bring the total of DUI arrests during the campaign to 42. In the state, more than 2,600 DUI arrests have been made this year.
The addition to DUI arrests, citations were issued for numerous other offenses and three wanted people were apprehended.
Three checkpoints will be conducted Friday and Saturday in Bear, Seaford and Harrington.
dover, delaware, DUI, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 19 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
53 min ago