9 arrested during DUI checkpoints
DOVER, Del. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Highway officials say nine people were arrested for driving under the influence during the fourth weekend of the 2012 Checkpoint Strikeforce DUI prevention campaign.
Last weekend's arrested bring the total of DUI arrests during the campaign to 42. In the state, more than 2,600 DUI arrests have been made this year.
The addition to DUI arrests, citations were issued for numerous other offenses and three wanted people were apprehended.
Three checkpoints will be conducted Friday and Saturday in Bear, Seaford and Harrington.
dover, delaware, DUI, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 9 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 19 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots young man in face in Southwest Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 15 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
19 min ago