Motorcyclist killed in crash on I-95 in Del. ID'd
NEWARK, Del. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A female motorcyclist from Maryland is dead after a crash on Interstate 95 in Newark, Delaware.
The crash happened at 10:53 p.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway near Route 896.
Police say Marva G. Wright, 33, of Baltimore, was riding her 2003 Suzuki motorcycle at a high rate of speed when she lost control.
Investigators say Wright tried to brake, but the sudden stop forced the rear of the motorcycle up, ejecting her from the bike.
She landed on the highway where she was hit by a Honda Civic. Police say the driver was unable to avoid her.
The motorcycle went on to hit a 2010 Toyota Prius.
Wright was pronounced dead at the scene.
The drivers of the other two cars involved were not hurt.
delaware, newark, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
36 min ago