Motorcyclist killed in crash on I-95 in Del. ID'd
NEWARK, Del. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A female motorcyclist from Maryland is dead after a crash on Interstate 95 in Newark, Delaware.
The crash happened at 10:53 p.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway near Route 896.
Police say Marva G. Wright, 33, of Baltimore, was riding her 2003 Suzuki motorcycle at a high rate of speed when she lost control.
Investigators say Wright tried to brake, but the sudden stop forced the rear of the motorcycle up, ejecting her from the bike.
She landed on the highway where she was hit by a Honda Civic. Police say the driver was unable to avoid her.
The motorcycle went on to hit a 2010 Toyota Prius.
Wright was pronounced dead at the scene.
The drivers of the other two cars involved were not hurt.
delaware, newark, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 5 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend