Manhole cover blown off in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they have figured out why a manhole cover blew off on a street in Southwest Philadelphia
Firefighters say an underground transformer blew, creating an explosion that lifted the manhole cover.
The cause of the transformer explosion is still under investigation.
The incident happened shortly before 12:00 p.m. at the intersection of 51st and Baltimore.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, explosion, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 58 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 40 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 7 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball