Manhole cover blown off in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they have figured out why a manhole cover blew off on a street in Southwest Philadelphia
Firefighters say an underground transformer blew, creating an explosion that lifted the manhole cover.
The cause of the transformer explosion is still under investigation.
The incident happened shortly before 12:00 p.m. at the intersection of 51st and Baltimore.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, explosion, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 7 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 54 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm fire in Willingboro 26 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
7 min ago