Manhole cover blown off in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they have figured out why a manhole cover blew off on a street in Southwest Philadelphia
Firefighters say an underground transformer blew, creating an explosion that lifted the manhole cover.
The cause of the transformer explosion is still under investigation.
The incident happened shortly before 12:00 p.m. at the intersection of 51st and Baltimore.
No injuries were reported.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, explosion, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 20 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 18 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 12 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
20 min ago