Roller coaster rider struck by bird at Six Flags Great Adventure
JACKSON TWP., N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A person was injured after an unusual incident at Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Ocean County.
Officials say a passenger on the Kingda Ka roller coaster had to be taken to a hospital after being struck by a bird while on the ride.
The incident occurred just before 5:00 p.m.
The injured person received minor injuries to the face and neck.
The ride is now operating normally.
new jersey, ocean county, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 9 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 29 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom