Innocent bystander remembered in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- An innocent bystander cut down by gunfire Tuesday night is being remembered by family today.
A small memorial now stands outside the home where 42-year-old Winfield Archie lived.
On Tuesday night, police say he was working on a car with a small group of people on the 700 block of 9th Street.
A gunman fired into the crowd, killing Archie.
Family members say they are now left with only memories of a peaceful man who took care of his family and the neighborhood.
"He was just a nice person. I'm going to miss home, really going to miss him," a family member told Action News.
Another man was also shot in the leg.
Police don't believe he or Archie were the intended target.
Officers continue to search for the shooter.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Bear spotted in Bucks County 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 14 min ago
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 24 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
14 min ago