Faculty: Don't rename building until suit resolved
EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The faculty at a northeastern Pennsylvania university wants to hold off on renaming one of its buildings for a retired school president until the resolution of a civil suit claiming he covered up sexual abuse by a high-ranking administrator.
East Stroudsburg University's faculty say a 2009 lawsuit should be resolved before the school puts retired President Robert Dillman's name on Monroe Hall.
The lawsuit claims Dillman and others covered up assaults by its former vice president for advancement and chief fundraiser. Six male students filed suit but three have had their claims dismissed because the statute of limitations has expired.
Trustees chairman Pat Ross tells the Stroudsburg Pocono Record a July 11 email announcing the name change was "premature" and the board hasn't yet voted on the matter.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/
poconos, pennsylvania, sex assault, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 26 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos