Philadelphia police seek missing woman
PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing woman.
Shanita Ewings, 36, was reported missing by her aunt on July 15th while she was being treated at Episcopal Hospital at 100 East Lehigh Avenue.
In a news release issued Friday morning, police said Ewings is diagnosed with schizophrenia and requires medication.
She was last seen in the area of 2400 Kensington Avenue on July 18th around 9:00 p.m.
Ewings is described as a black female standing 5'4" tall and weighing 160 pounds.
She has short black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing beige pants and a white top.
Anyone with information is asked to contact East Detectives at 215-686-3243 or call 911.
philadelphia, missing person, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 45 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases