SPCA: Logan man caught torturing kittens
LOGAN - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania SPCA says a Philadelphia man is facing animal cruelty charges for torturing four kittens in a back alley.
25-year-old Yu Zhen Chen from Logan was arrested earlier this week.
Philadelphia officers were reviewing surveillance tapes in a separate investigation when they found footage of the suspect allegedly abusing the animals.
After seeing the footage, the SPCA was alerted.
"The images caught on the tape were extremely disturbing. He was swinging the cats by their tails and throwing them around and other acts of cruelty," said George Bengal, head of the Pennsylvania SPCA's Humane Law Enforcement.
Officials were able to retrieve two of the kittens seen on tape. The animals are being cared for at SPCA headquarters.
Additional charges for Chen are pending following further investigation.
philadelphia, logan, animal abuse, animals, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 48 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 36 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 37 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 41 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
34 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
19 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
27 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
37 min ago