SPCA: Logan man caught torturing kittens
LOGAN - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania SPCA says a Philadelphia man is facing animal cruelty charges for torturing four kittens in a back alley.
25-year-old Yu Zhen Chen from Logan was arrested earlier this week.
Philadelphia officers were reviewing surveillance tapes in a separate investigation when they found footage of the suspect allegedly abusing the animals.
After seeing the footage, the SPCA was alerted.
"The images caught on the tape were extremely disturbing. He was swinging the cats by their tails and throwing them around and other acts of cruelty," said George Bengal, head of the Pennsylvania SPCA's Humane Law Enforcement.
Officials were able to retrieve two of the kittens seen on tape. The animals are being cared for at SPCA headquarters.
Additional charges for Chen are pending following further investigation.
philadelphia, logan, animal abuse, animals, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 45 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia