SPCA: Logan man caught torturing kittens
LOGAN - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania SPCA says a Philadelphia man is facing animal cruelty charges for torturing four kittens in a back alley.
25-year-old Yu Zhen Chen from Logan was arrested earlier this week.
Philadelphia officers were reviewing surveillance tapes in a separate investigation when they found footage of the suspect allegedly abusing the animals.
After seeing the footage, the SPCA was alerted.
"The images caught on the tape were extremely disturbing. He was swinging the cats by their tails and throwing them around and other acts of cruelty," said George Bengal, head of the Pennsylvania SPCA's Humane Law Enforcement.
Officials were able to retrieve two of the kittens seen on tape. The animals are being cared for at SPCA headquarters.
Additional charges for Chen are pending following further investigation.
philadelphia, logan, animal abuse, animals, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 12 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
12 min ago