Philly schools settle suit over pat-down grope
PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The School District of Philadelphia has settled a lawsuit involving a 13-year-old girl who says she was groped by a male school police officer during a weapons pat-down.
A district spokesman on Thursday confirmed the suit was settled but declined to discuss the terms.
The suit alleged the officer used a metal detector wand to scan her at the start of a school day last fall.
The girl says the officer put his hand down her shirt and felt her chest even though the metal detector gave no indication of a weapon.
The plaintiff's attorney tells The Philadelphia Inquirer the district did not admit any wrongdoing or agree to change any security policies as part of the settlement.
philadelphia, lawsuit, philadelphia school district, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 37 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 18 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million