Bail increased for Del. mother held for abusing corpse
DOVER, Del. - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Kent County judge has increased the bail for a mother charged with abusing the corpse of a small boy.
The bail for Karen N. Hooks, 33, of Squire Circle in Dover, has been raised from $1,000 to $100,000.
Hooks was charged Wednesday with abusing a corpse after the body of a boy between 1 and 2 years old was found in a storage area shared by Hooks and a female roommate.
So far, Hooks has not been charged in connection with the boy's death.
Homicide Detectives and the Medical Examiner's Office are continuing their investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of the child.
Authorities say additional charges are possible.
delaware, dover, body found, child death, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 54 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
54 min ago