Woman, 78, describes being raped in Germantown home
GERMANTOWN - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are trying to track down the man who sexually assaulted a 78-year-old woman in her Germantown home.
The victim spoke to Action News about the attack - her identity is being concealed.
"I wasn't scared, I was terrified," she said, describing the frightening ordeal.
It was about 11:00 Thursday night and she had just gone to bed when she looked up and saw a young man standing over her.
"He said 'You're gonna get it now," said the victim.
After she tried to get up, the man threw her back down on the bed and raped her repeatedly, she told Action News.
The victim says she begged the man to stop and even offered to sit down with him and discuss his problems, sighting she could tell he was troubled.
"He was a fairly young man. He had almost a teenage voice. I am sitting up there talking to him like a grandmother, 'Hey don't do this. Let's sit down and we'll talk about your problems," said the victim.
Police were in the area talking to neighbors on Friday afternoon.
There were no signs of forced entry and they believe the man got into the house through an unlocked door.
The suspect got away with the victim's purse which contained about $200 and a money order she had to pay her rent.
The victim and her neighbors want the suspect caught before he has the chance to strike again.
"He is going to hurt somebody else," said the victim.
"If they can do that to her - they can do it to me. It's just sad," said Aunyea Davis, neighbor.
The victim described the suspect as a Hispanic man, about 23 to 28-years-old. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Department's Special Victims Unit.
philadelphia, 6at4, sex assault, local/state, sarah bloomquist
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!