Man found dead in Del. retention pond
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a man's body in a retention pond in New Castle, Delaware.
A passerby called police around 8:30 Saturday morning after spotting the body at the Chaddwycks Development.
Officers arrived to find an unidentified male who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The circumstances surrounding how the man died are still unclear.
An investigation in underway.
delaware, new castle county, body found, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 40 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 3 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep