Man found dead in Del. retention pond
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the discovery of a man's body in a retention pond in New Castle, Delaware.
A passerby called police around 8:30 Saturday morning after spotting the body at the Chaddwycks Development.
Officers arrived to find an unidentified male who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The circumstances surrounding how the man died are still unclear.
An investigation in underway.
delaware, new castle county, body found, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 12 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 19 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
12 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
19 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
3 min ago