Police: Homeowner kidnaps home invasion suspect
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a homeowner assaulted and kidnapped a suspect after a failed home invasion attempt in New Castle, Delaware.
25-year-old Darrell Robinson and 36-year-old Trimell Heyward both face a number of charges.
The incident happened around 3:14 Wednesday morning at Heyward's residence on the unit block of Deville Court.
Arriving officers found Robinson lying on the kitchen floor, partially nude and his ankles bound with a phone cord. There was a pot of boiling water on the stove that was allegedly intended to be thrown on him.
An investigation later revealed that Heyward, a known drug dealer, reportedly conducted drug transactions from his residence.
Robinson arrived at Heyward's apartment allegedly under the premise that he was going to buy drugs. Police say as Heyward opened the door, Robinson forced his way in, armed with a handgun.
Moments later a struggle ensued. Heyward was unable to get the handgun, so instead he allegedly grabbed a machete and struck Robinson in the hand.
Afterwards, police say Heyward pulled Robinson's pants down and told a family member to bind his ankles "to teach him a lesson."
Police arrived on the scene and Heyward was taken into custody without incident.
Robinson received non-life threatening injuries and was taken to Christiana Hospital where he was treated and released.
Authorities discovered a number of illegal drugs in Heyward's apartment during their investigation. He faces a list of drug possession charges as well as kidnapping and assault.
Robinson also faces a list of charges including robbery, burglary and home invasion.
Both suspects are being held at the Howard Young Correctional Institute.
delaware, new castle county, home invasion, kidnapping, drugs, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom 45 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 44 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
44 min ago