1 suspect arrested, 1 wanted in Camden teen's murder
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested one suspect and are on the hunt for another - wanted for the murder of a Camden teenager.
22-year-old Jalil Anderson was taken into custody on Friday without incident. He is charged in the shooting death of 16-year-old Reynaldo Morales back on July 11.
A second suspect - identified as 25-year-old Turquoise Perez - is also wanted by police for the same crime.
Authorities say Perez and Anderson drew handguns and opened fire as the van Morales was riding in drove past a barber shop on the 1200 block of Haddon Avenue.
An investigation revealed that Morales' murder appears to be connected with two other homicides in the same month - the slayings of 27-year-old Robert Carstarphen and 19-year-old Jovan Alponte.
Neither suspect has been charged with those crimes.
Meanwhile, Perez is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call 9-1-1 immediately.
new jersey, camden, teens, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 39 min ago
- Shower In Spots 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
39 min ago
- Shower In Spots
31 min ago