1 suspect arrested, 1 wanted in Camden teen's murder
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested one suspect and are on the hunt for another - wanted for the murder of a Camden teenager.
22-year-old Jalil Anderson was taken into custody on Friday without incident. He is charged in the shooting death of 16-year-old Reynaldo Morales back on July 11.
A second suspect - identified as 25-year-old Turquoise Perez - is also wanted by police for the same crime.
Authorities say Perez and Anderson drew handguns and opened fire as the van Morales was riding in drove past a barber shop on the 1200 block of Haddon Avenue.
An investigation revealed that Morales' murder appears to be connected with two other homicides in the same month - the slayings of 27-year-old Robert Carstarphen and 19-year-old Jovan Alponte.
Neither suspect has been charged with those crimes.
Meanwhile, Perez is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call 9-1-1 immediately.
new jersey, camden, teens, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 56 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar