Sinkhole forces evacuation of 8 homes in Allentown
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents of eight homes in Allentown have been evacuated after a sinkhole opened up underneath a basement on their block.
It happened in the basement of a middle row home on the 800-block of North 5th Street.
Crews were called out Saturday afternoon after residents reported that they were unable to open their doors and noticed cracks inside their units.
An engineering study is underway to figure out whether filling the hole with concrete is enough to fix the problems.
sinkhole, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees