Sinkhole forces evacuation of 8 homes in Allentown
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents of eight homes in Allentown have been evacuated after a sinkhole opened up underneath a basement on their block.
It happened in the basement of a middle row home on the 800-block of North 5th Street.
Crews were called out Saturday afternoon after residents reported that they were unable to open their doors and noticed cracks inside their units.
An engineering study is underway to figure out whether filling the hole with concrete is enough to fix the problems.
sinkhole, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 23 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia