Mother wants answers to son's hit and run
PHILADELPHIA - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- While a young man struggles to recover from his wounds, his mother is speaking out to try and find who caused her son's accident.
"It's hard to look at him and see what he has to endure while someone, whoever did this is living their life," said Lynne Borden.
Lynne Borden can't believe her son is the victim of a hit-and-run accident.
"It's not something that one human being does to another human being," she said.
On Friday May 25th, 30-year-old Ryan Lees was riding his motorcycle with a friend in Philadelphia's Feltonville section. At about 11:00pm, he came to a stop at the corner of A and Wyoming Streets when a vehicle slammed into his bike.
"They were hit from behind, and he was thrown off the bike," said Lynne.
Ryan got trapped under the vehicle and was dragged for over half-a-mile.
"He just remembers trying to hold his head up off the ground," she said.
Ryan suffered six broken vertebrae and third degree burns over 60% of his body. His friend also suffered extensive injuries.
Witnesses described the fleeing vehicle only as a blue SUV, possibly a Ford Expedition.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $2,500 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. The number to call is 215-546-TIPS.
"I'm really hoping that someone does come forth, and you know, just do the right thing to help us find this person who did this," said Lynne.
crimefighters, hit and run, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 18 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 24 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 2 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
24 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
43 min ago