Mother wants answers to son's hit and run
PHILADELPHIA - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- While a young man struggles to recover from his wounds, his mother is speaking out to try and find who caused her son's accident.
"It's hard to look at him and see what he has to endure while someone, whoever did this is living their life," said Lynne Borden.
Lynne Borden can't believe her son is the victim of a hit-and-run accident.
"It's not something that one human being does to another human being," she said.
On Friday May 25th, 30-year-old Ryan Lees was riding his motorcycle with a friend in Philadelphia's Feltonville section. At about 11:00pm, he came to a stop at the corner of A and Wyoming Streets when a vehicle slammed into his bike.
"They were hit from behind, and he was thrown off the bike," said Lynne.
Ryan got trapped under the vehicle and was dragged for over half-a-mile.
"He just remembers trying to hold his head up off the ground," she said.
Ryan suffered six broken vertebrae and third degree burns over 60% of his body. His friend also suffered extensive injuries.
Witnesses described the fleeing vehicle only as a blue SUV, possibly a Ford Expedition.
The Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $2,500 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. The number to call is 215-546-TIPS.
"I'm really hoping that someone does come forth, and you know, just do the right thing to help us find this person who did this," said Lynne.
crimefighters, hit and run, philadelphia, local/state
- School closings and delays 33 min ago
- Tracking More Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 11 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 33 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
4 min ago