2 men shot, killed in Camden identified
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men, shot late Sunday night on a street in Camden, New Jersey, have died.
Police responded to the report of a shooting at 10:15 p.m. on the 1110 block of Mechanic Street.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office said the victims, 30-year-old Jermaine Morris and 38-year-old John L. Samuels, were both found wounded on the street.
Both men were taken to Cooper University Hospital where they died minutes after arrival.
There was no word on a suspect or a motive in this shooting as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Investigator Terry King or Camden Police Detective Cheryl Campbell at (856) 757-7420.
There have now been 39 homicides in Camden this year. At this time last year there were 23.
camden, new jersey, shooting, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 58 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 57 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
49 min ago