Rat sparks Camden transformer fire
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A small fire at the Walter Rand Transportation Center in Camden Monday night, brought rail traffic along Broadway Avenue to a halt, and officials say it was all caused by a rodent.
PSE&G officials say a rat got into the transfer switch and caused a short that sparked the fire leaving 1100 customers without power.
The transportation center is running on generator power while the equipment is replaced and repairs are made.
The power was restored to customers early Tuesday morning and shuttle buses are being used in place of the train.
New Jersey transit says commuters should plan for extra travel time.
fire, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 34 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 50 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
34 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
50 min ago