Crash leads to water rescue in Camden
CADMEN, N.J. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A two-car crash crash causes one vehicle to land in high waters due to tidal flooding in Camden early Tuesday morning.
The crash happened around 1:00 a.m. on Kaighns Avenue near Route 130.
The collision sent one of the cars into the tidal waters flooding up from the Cooper River.
The driver of the car in the water had to be rescued by emergency crews. That person was then taken to Cooper University Medical Center and is listed in stable condition.
accident, flooding, camden, new jersey, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 40 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 27 min ago