Worker killed cutting down tree in Berks Co. ID'd
JEFFERSON TWP, Pa. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A worker was killed while cutting down a tree on Tuesday morning in Berks County.
Martin David Reusing, 49, of West Reading, died in the accident shortly after 10:30 a.m. in the 400 block Shartlesville Road in Jefferson Township.
According to state police, Reusing was part of a crew that was dismantling an 80 foot tall tree.
During the procedure, a large limb was being lowered to the ground.
While it was being lowered, police said, the limb started to swing and the severed end hit Reusing in the neck.
Reusing was pronounced dead at the scene by the coroner.
Police said this was being investigated as an accidental death.
berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA 51 min ago
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend 46 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra