Officials: Boy, 10, stabs dad in Ardmore
ARDMORE, Pa. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a suburban Philadelphia man is recovering after his 10-year-old son stabbed him in the neck.
Lower Merion Township officials say the boy stabbed his 32-year-old father Sunday evening in their apartment in Ardmore.
Township spokesman Thomas Walsh says the says the boy is in custody of family members while police investigate. The motive wasn't immediately clear.
Walsh says the man was being treated Monday at a hospital. He declined to release the man's name to protect the boy's identity.
Walsh declined to discuss the weapon used, saying further information would be released if the boy was charged.
stabbing, children, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases