Police: Pa. man gropes girls at city pool
SCRANTON, Pa. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man is behind bars after he groped five young girls at a northeastern Pennsylvania public pool.
Scranton police say 49-year-old Paul Dailey fondled the girls Friday afternoon as they waited to use a water slide at the pool in a city park.
A camp counselor alerted police, who says Dailey was at the slide when officers arrived but began gathering his things to leave when he noticed police.
Dailey was taken into custody and charged with five counts of indecent assault of a person under the age of 16. He's being held on $50,000 bail.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Dailey. The Times-Tribune of Scranton (http://bit.ly/Q9haH0 ) reports Dailey was charged with a similar offense in 1993. The resolution of that case wasn't immediately clear.
children, scranton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 8 min ago
- Milder Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 8 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 8 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 8 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
8 min ago