Pennsylvania Lottery posts record sales in 2011-12
MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Lottery has posted a record year, spurred on by scratch-offs and record jackpots in big-ticket drawings like Powerball and Mega Millions.
Lottery officials say ticket sales rose $273 million in the 2011-12 fiscal year to $3.48 billion, an 8.5 percent increase over the previous year.
Revenue to the fund used to benefit senior citizen programs was $1.06 billion, more than 10 percent better than last year and 8.7 percent more than the previous record set in 2005-06.
Officials said Monday Powerball and Mega Millions combined for $88.5 million more in sales over the previous year, while scratch-offs rose 11 percent to $212.5 million.
pennsylvania, lottery, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 1 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 16 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 14 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 6 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos