Reward for suspect in sex assault of woman, 78, in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals Service is offering a $2,500 reward for the suspect wanted in the sexual assault of a 78-year-old woman in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
Ronald Gregory, 24, is wanted in connection with the attack on the woman inside her home back on Thursday in the 5300 block of Wayne Avenue.
Investigators say the woman awoke to find an unknown man in her bedroom, now identified as Gregory.
Police say Gregory sexually assaulted the woman, then stole $200 in cash and a money order.
Gregory is described as a black male standing 5'9"tall and weighing 185 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes and tattoos on his left and right forearms (inner and outer), right hand and behind his right ear.
Anyone with information on Gregory's whereabouts is asked to contact the U.S. Marshals tip line at 1-866-865-8477 or the Philadelphia Police Department's tip line at 215-686-8477.
The victim spoke to Action News last week.
"I wasn't scared, I was terrified," she said, describing the frightening ordeal.
The victim said she begged the man to stop and even offered to sit down with him and discuss his problems, saying she could tell he was troubled.
"He was a fairly young man. He had almost a teenage voice. I am sitting up there talking to him like a grandmother, 'Hey don't do this. Let's sit down and we'll talk about your problems," said the victim. The victim and her neighbors want the suspect caught before he has the chance to strike again.
"He is going to hurt somebody else," said the victim.
philadelphia, 6at4, sex assault, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 27 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos