2 shot outside Philadelphia elementary school
WYNNEFIELD - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in the city's Wynnefield section
Police say gunfire erupted around 5:05 p.m. outside the Mann Elementary School along the 5300 block of West Berks Street.
A 37-year old man was shot in the back of the head. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
A second man, age 22, suffered wounds to the left jaw and left shoulder. He managed to drive himself to Presbyterian Hospital, but was later transferred to Penn for care. He is stable.
Police are holding the vehicle he drove to Presbyterian Hospital for evidence.
Police at the scene say they believe the two men were shooting at one another.
Authorities are trying to determine if surveillance cameras at both 54th and Berks and the Mann School were operative and captured the incident.
philadelphia, shooting, wynnefield, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos