2 shot outside Philadelphia elementary school
WYNNEFIELD - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in the city's Wynnefield section
Police say gunfire erupted around 5:05 p.m. outside the Mann Elementary School along the 5300 block of West Berks Street.
A 37-year old man was shot in the back of the head. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
A second man, age 22, suffered wounds to the left jaw and left shoulder. He managed to drive himself to Presbyterian Hospital, but was later transferred to Penn for care. He is stable.
Police are holding the vehicle he drove to Presbyterian Hospital for evidence.
Police at the scene say they believe the two men were shooting at one another.
Authorities are trying to determine if surveillance cameras at both 54th and Berks and the Mann School were operative and captured the incident.
philadelphia, shooting, wynnefield, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list