2 shot outside Philadelphia elementary school
WYNNEFIELD - July 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in the city's Wynnefield section
Police say gunfire erupted around 5:05 p.m. outside the Mann Elementary School along the 5300 block of West Berks Street.
A 37-year old man was shot in the back of the head. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
A second man, age 22, suffered wounds to the left jaw and left shoulder. He managed to drive himself to Presbyterian Hospital, but was later transferred to Penn for care. He is stable.
Police are holding the vehicle he drove to Presbyterian Hospital for evidence.
Police at the scene say they believe the two men were shooting at one another.
Authorities are trying to determine if surveillance cameras at both 54th and Berks and the Mann School were operative and captured the incident.
philadelphia, shooting, wynnefield, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 18 min ago
- Temps Soar 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 14 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 16 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 6 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
12 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
6 min ago