Delco case workers charged in $300K fraud
DARBY BOROUGH, Pa.-August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Delaware County case workers have been charged with stealing nearly $300,000 from the state welfare program.
Cynthia Lewis and Ivan Jones worked for the Department of Public Welfare in Darby Borough.
The State Attorney's General's Office said Lewis and Jones set up bogus public assistance accounts.
They claim the case workers withdrew the money from the fake accounts through state-issued electronic benefit transfer cards.
darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police