Delco case workers charged in $300K fraud
DARBY BOROUGH, Pa.-August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Delaware County case workers have been charged with stealing nearly $300,000 from the state welfare program.
Cynthia Lewis and Ivan Jones worked for the Department of Public Welfare in Darby Borough.
The State Attorney's General's Office said Lewis and Jones set up bogus public assistance accounts.
They claim the case workers withdrew the money from the fake accounts through state-issued electronic benefit transfer cards.
darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 31 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 45 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
26 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
31 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
23 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
42 min ago