Delco case workers charged in $300K fraud
DARBY BOROUGH, Pa.-August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Delaware County case workers have been charged with stealing nearly $300,000 from the state welfare program.
Cynthia Lewis and Ivan Jones worked for the Department of Public Welfare in Darby Borough.
The State Attorney's General's Office said Lewis and Jones set up bogus public assistance accounts.
They claim the case workers withdrew the money from the fake accounts through state-issued electronic benefit transfer cards.
darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 43 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 37 min ago
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list