Burger King robbery suspects pulled over for speeding
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a robbery at a Montgomery County Burger King restaurant after being pulled over for speeding.
At 4:51 a.m. Thursday, Plymouth Township police responded to an armed robbery at the Burger King restaurant located at 409 W. Ridge Pike.
Police say after committing the robbery, the suspects placed the victims into the freezers of the restaurant and fled.
The victims described the male suspects to police, informing them that at least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun.
While Plymouth police officers were conducting the investigation at the scene, a Conshohocken Borough police officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed southbound on Fayette Street.
The Conshohocken officer stopped the vehicle.
Three males were located inside of the vehicle and Plymouth authorities were informed.
Plymouth police responded to the scene of the traffic stop and found a gun was inside of the vehicle.
The three men were removed from the car.
Plymouth police transported the robbery victims to the scene of the traffic stop, where they identified the men as the robbery suspects.
Plymouth Township police detectives executed a search warrant on the suspects' vehicle.
Police say they found evidence which directly linked the suspects to the robbery.
Edward Cottle, Charles Robinson, James McDuffie, all from Philadelphia, were arrested and charged with Robbery, Terroristic Threats, Possession of Instruments of Crime, and related offenses.
The three suspects are awaiting arraignment.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, robbery, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 1 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 37 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 58 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
59 min ago