Burger King robbery suspects pulled over for speeding
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people have been arrested in connection with a robbery at a Montgomery County Burger King restaurant after being pulled over for speeding.
At 4:51 a.m. Thursday, Plymouth Township police responded to an armed robbery at the Burger King restaurant located at 409 W. Ridge Pike.
Police say after committing the robbery, the suspects placed the victims into the freezers of the restaurant and fled.
The victims described the male suspects to police, informing them that at least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun.
While Plymouth police officers were conducting the investigation at the scene, a Conshohocken Borough police officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed southbound on Fayette Street.
The Conshohocken officer stopped the vehicle.
Three males were located inside of the vehicle and Plymouth authorities were informed.
Plymouth police responded to the scene of the traffic stop and found a gun was inside of the vehicle.
The three men were removed from the car.
Plymouth police transported the robbery victims to the scene of the traffic stop, where they identified the men as the robbery suspects.
Plymouth Township police detectives executed a search warrant on the suspects' vehicle.
Police say they found evidence which directly linked the suspects to the robbery.
Edward Cottle, Charles Robinson, James McDuffie, all from Philadelphia, were arrested and charged with Robbery, Terroristic Threats, Possession of Instruments of Crime, and related offenses.
The three suspects are awaiting arraignment.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, robbery, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 37 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 47 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 43 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
47 min ago