Police: $65K stolen in Wissinoming burglary
WISSINOMING - August 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a burglary in the Wissinoming section that netted the thieves approximately $65,000 worth of cash and jewelry.
It happened in the 5800 block of Jackson Street around 6:30 p.m.
Police say the suspects apparently used a ladder to break into a second floor side window.
The homeowners owned the bar Mama's Lounge in North Philadelphia.
They had just sold it, which is why they say they had so much cash at home.
One of the victims says it's the first time they had money there, so she feels she was targeted by someone who knew.
Along with the cash and jewelry, precious items of the couple's children were also taken.
The suspects also stole a DVR which recorded surveillance video evidence of their crimes from the home's three cameras.
At this time, there are no details on the suspects.
philadelphia, burglary, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 26 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch