2 armed with bat, pipe, gun assault Cherry Hill store clerk
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say two men armed with a bat, a pipe and a handgun assaulted a clerk during the armed robbery of a 7-Eleven in Cherry Hill, New Jersey Thursday morning.
The robbery happened around 1:00 a.m. at the 7-Eleven located at Maple Avenue and Haddonfield Road.
Police say when the two men entered the store they struck the clerk. They then tried to get him to open the store safe but the victim had passed out.
The robbers grabbed money from the register and fled the store.
The clerk was treated at the hospital for a cut to the head and released.
Police believe this attack may be connected to other similar incidents in the area.
A little more than an hour after the 7-Eleven robbery, two armed men stormed the Wendy's restaurant in the 5300 block of Marlton Pike in Pennsauken. Police say the men were waiting for employees to close the store when they stormed in around 2:45 a.m. Thursday.
As in the 7-Eleven incident, the suspects in this case were armed with a sliver colored pipe and long barrel handgun. Two shots were fired inside the restaurant, but no one was injured.
Police also believe there may be a link between these robberies and the July 27th hold up of a pizza shop on Park Avenue in Pennsauken, as well as a gas station at Park Avenue and Haddonfield Road.
Anyone with any information about the suspects or any of these incidents is asked to contact police.
cherry hill, pennsauken, camden county, new jersey, robbery, assault, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos