Man charged with sexually assaulting 2 young girls
DOVER, Del. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man who they say molested two children back in the late 80s and early 90s.
57-year-old Odell L. Wright of Dover is charged with 46 sex related crimes stemming from incidents against the victims, who were 8 and 10-years-old at the time of the alleged offenses.
The 8-year-old victim, who is now 30, told police that she was sexually abused by Odell Wright over a two year period when he lived with her family in a house in Cheswold.
The 10-year-old victim, now 32, alleges she was sexually assaulted over a three year period while attending church functions at the Rescue House of Prayer in Felton where Wright was a Deacon.
Wright is currently being held on $215,000 secured bond.
If anyone has any similar incident related to Odell Wright, they are asked to contact Major Crimes Unit at 302-741-2806 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com or send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
kent county, dover, delaware, child sex assault, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 30 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 51 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 59 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
55 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
52 min ago