Man charged with sexually assaulting 2 young girls
DOVER, Del. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a man who they say molested two children back in the late 80s and early 90s.
57-year-old Odell L. Wright of Dover is charged with 46 sex related crimes stemming from incidents against the victims, who were 8 and 10-years-old at the time of the alleged offenses.
The 8-year-old victim, who is now 30, told police that she was sexually abused by Odell Wright over a two year period when he lived with her family in a house in Cheswold.
The 10-year-old victim, now 32, alleges she was sexually assaulted over a three year period while attending church functions at the Rescue House of Prayer in Felton where Wright was a Deacon.
Wright is currently being held on $215,000 secured bond.
If anyone has any similar incident related to Odell Wright, they are asked to contact Major Crimes Unit at 302-741-2806 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com or send an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "DSP."
kent county, dover, delaware, child sex assault, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Upper Providence police investigate 2 bank robberies 51 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load