2 men die after water rescues at Jersey shore
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Autopsies are planned after two men pulled from the water off two Jersey shore beaches died.
Lifeguards retrieved an unconscious man from the surf off Indiana Avenue beach in Atlantic City Thursday. Efforts to revive him were not successful.
His name has not been released.
Meanwhile, police pulled a 46-year-old man from the water at Ideal Beach in Middletown Township.
Charles Henshaw of the Belford section of the township was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Lifeguards were not on duty.
atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 35 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
35 min ago