NJ town hall closed for bed bugs to reopen
BRICK TOWNSHIP, N.J. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey municipal building will reopen Friday, one day after it was closed because of a bed bug infestation.
Officials in Brick Township say an exterminator used a dog to pinpoint where the bugs were and the areas were treated.
The bugs were first found a month ago in a jail cell at the police department, which also is in the municipal building. They then surfaced in the human resources office and then the tax collector's office on Thursday.
Bricktown police worked from a mobile command unit while pest control experts did their job.
bedbugs, new jersey, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 4 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 37 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 2 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 30 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
37 min ago