Berks Co. man finds alligator in fish pond
ROCKLAND TWP, Pa. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man made an unusual find in his pond on Friday afternoon - an alligator.
It happened around noon on the 200 block of Fredericksville Road in Rockland Township.
49-year-old Robert Hipp says he found the three-foot long animal in his fish pond.
With the help of his children, Hipp caught the gator and placed it into a box.
Police later arrived and transported the gator - named Little Rocky - to their barracks in Reading.
Authorities plan to contact the Lehigh Valley Zoo about taking possession of the alligator.
pennsylvania, berks county, animals, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting 24 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department 31 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list 52 min ago
- Photos: Ducklings saved from Del. storm drain
- Stormy to spectacular
3 min ago