Berks Co. man finds alligator in fish pond
ROCKLAND TWP, Pa. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man made an unusual find in his pond on Friday afternoon - an alligator.
It happened around noon on the 200 block of Fredericksville Road in Rockland Township.
49-year-old Robert Hipp says he found the three-foot long animal in his fish pond.
With the help of his children, Hipp caught the gator and placed it into a box.
Police later arrived and transported the gator - named Little Rocky - to their barracks in Reading.
Authorities plan to contact the Lehigh Valley Zoo about taking possession of the alligator.
pennsylvania, berks county, animals, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 7 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 19 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 44 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 33 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos