Berks Co. man finds alligator in fish pond
ROCKLAND TWP, Pa. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man made an unusual find in his pond on Friday afternoon - an alligator.
It happened around noon on the 200 block of Fredericksville Road in Rockland Township.
49-year-old Robert Hipp says he found the three-foot long animal in his fish pond.
With the help of his children, Hipp caught the gator and placed it into a box.
Police later arrived and transported the gator - named Little Rocky - to their barracks in Reading.
Authorities plan to contact the Lehigh Valley Zoo about taking possession of the alligator.
pennsylvania, berks county, animals, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos