Berks Co. man finds alligator in fish pond
ROCKLAND TWP, Pa. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man made an unusual find in his pond on Friday afternoon - an alligator.
It happened around noon on the 200 block of Fredericksville Road in Rockland Township.
49-year-old Robert Hipp says he found the three-foot long animal in his fish pond.
With the help of his children, Hipp caught the gator and placed it into a box.
Police later arrived and transported the gator - named Little Rocky - to their barracks in Reading.
Authorities plan to contact the Lehigh Valley Zoo about taking possession of the alligator.
pennsylvania, berks county, animals, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 15 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 48 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 59 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 38 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
40 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
38 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
35 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
4 min ago