Berks Co. man finds alligator in fish pond
ROCKLAND TWP, Pa. - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Berks County man made an unusual find in his pond on Friday afternoon - an alligator.
It happened around noon on the 200 block of Fredericksville Road in Rockland Township.
49-year-old Robert Hipp says he found the three-foot long animal in his fish pond.
With the help of his children, Hipp caught the gator and placed it into a box.
Police later arrived and transported the gator - named Little Rocky - to their barracks in Reading.
Authorities plan to contact the Lehigh Valley Zoo about taking possession of the alligator.
pennsylvania, berks county, animals, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 25 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 21 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 23 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
10 min ago