NJ utility worker electrocuted, death ruled accidental
MANALAPAN, N.J. (AP) - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- The death of a utility worker who was electrocuted while on the job in central New Jersey has been ruled an accident.
Monmouth County prosecutors announced their findings on Saturday, one day after 20-year-old Richard Grande of Lacey Township was killed while working along on Daum Road in Manalapan.
Grande was an apprentice lineman for Jersey Central Power &Light. Co. Specific details on how the accident occurred have not been disclosed, but published reports have said a utility crew was working on a downed line when Grande apparently came into contact with a wire that turned out to be live.
JCP&L Spokesman Ron Morano said the company was "deeply saddened" by Grande's death. But Morano declined comment on the accident, citing the ongoing investigations by county and federal officials.
new jersey, monmouth county, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 15 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 27 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 23 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
23 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos