Police: Cross dressing gunman robs jewelry store
CHESTNUT HILL - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the cross dressing gunman who they say robbed a Chestnut Hill jewelry store.
It happened late Thursday afternoon at Delphine Gallery on the 8400 block of Germantown Avenue.
Police say an armed man came into the shop wearing a long, dark navy blue dress, a dark braided hair wig and a white silk mask.
The suspect allegedly told a female employee to get down on the floor, while he took $50,000 worth of jewels from their cases.
The suspect later fled the scene in a light green Ford Explorer which was being driven by another male.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police.
philadelphia, chestnut hill, robbery, local/state
- Photos: LATEST Maps: 3-6" in South Jersey 2 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 15 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 37 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
16 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
15 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
37 min ago