DA: Man in wheelchair shot own mother, another man in Montco
WILLOW GROVE - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The district attorney's office said a man who uses a wheelchair shot his own mother and another man on Thursday night in Montgomery County.
The suspect is 22-year-old Lorenzo Sims, Jr. He is charged with attempted murder in connection with the double shooting.
The shooting happened at the Willow Hill Apartments in Willow Grove around 10:30 p.m.
Police say Sims got into an argument with 32-year-old Robert Basketbill and shot him in the stomach and right arm.
Investigators say Sims also shot his mother, 44-year-old Keisha Sims, in her right hand. The circumstances of that shooting were not immediately available.
Both victims were taken to the hospital in an unknown condition.
Police recovered a gun at the scene.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 31 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
31 min ago