DA: Man in wheelchair shot own mother, another man in Montco
WILLOW GROVE - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The district attorney's office said a man who uses a wheelchair shot his own mother and another man on Thursday night in Montgomery County.
The suspect is 22-year-old Lorenzo Sims, Jr. He is charged with attempted murder in connection with the double shooting.
The shooting happened at the Willow Hill Apartments in Willow Grove around 10:30 p.m.
Police say Sims got into an argument with 32-year-old Robert Basketbill and shot him in the stomach and right arm.
Investigators say Sims also shot his mother, 44-year-old Keisha Sims, in her right hand. The circumstances of that shooting were not immediately available.
Both victims were taken to the hospital in an unknown condition.
Police recovered a gun at the scene.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos