Robbery at Phila. nail salon caught on video
PHILADELPHIA - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the public's help in finding the man who robbed a Philadelphia nail salon at gunpoint.
The robbery, which happened at 12:45 p.m. Thursday at the Tanya Nail Salon at 5245 Chestnut Street, was caught on surveillance video.
Investigators say the suspect entered the store, pulled out a gun and said "Money, money."
Workers complied and handed over cash from the store.
The suspect the fled on foot west on Chestnut Street then north on 53rd Street.
The suspect is described as a black male in his late 20s or early 30s. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants and was armed with a small, black handgun.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia police at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 25 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 20 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 29 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 53 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
1 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
25 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
19 min ago