Family: Mother of 9 found shot dead in Nicetown
NICETOWN - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a Nicetown shooting that left one woman dead - the victim's family says the woman was a mother of nine.
Police received a report of a woman shot in an alley around 2:00 a.m. Saturday.
Officers arrived to find the 46-year-old woman shot once in the back of the head.
She has been identified as Rohnda Williams.
Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have not named any suspects in the case and there have been no arrests.
An investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, nicetown, shooting, local/state
- Hospital: James Gandolfini died of cardiac arrest 1 min ago
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Christie: Gandolfini was a New Jersey treasure 5 min ago
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Body discovered in house fire in Allentown 47 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 60,000 expected for Firefly Music Festival in Dover 43 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Hospital: James Gandolfini died of cardiac...
1 min ago
- Body discovered in house fire in Allentown
47 min ago