Family: Mother of 9 found shot dead in Nicetown
NICETOWN - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a Nicetown shooting that left one woman dead - the victim's family says the woman was a mother of nine.
Police received a report of a woman shot in an alley around 2:00 a.m. Saturday.
Officers arrived to find the 46-year-old woman shot once in the back of the head.
She has been identified as Rohnda Williams.
Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have not named any suspects in the case and there have been no arrests.
An investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, nicetown, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 8 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 5 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 47 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ