Teen skateboarder hit by car in Cape May Co.
MAYVILLE, N.J. - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old skateboarder is in critical condition after being hit by a car early Saturday morning in Cape May County.
The accident happened at 12:40 a.m. on US Route 9 in the Mayville section of Middle Township.
Police say the driver of a Nissan Maxima, 19-year-old Samuel Caraballo, was driving southbound and crossed into the northbound lane to pass another vehicle.
It was while Caraballo's car was in the northbound lane that the victim , riding a skateboard, was hit.
The victim was last reported to be in critical condition at the hospital.
Police say Caraballo was in a passing lane at the time of the crash. However, police also say Caraballo's driver's license had been suspended.
He was charged with Causing Serious Bodily Injury During a Motor Vehicle Accident While Driving While Suspended among other charges.
Caraballo was released on his own recognizance.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
new jersey, cape may county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos