Teen skateboarder hit by car in Cape May Co.
MAYVILLE, N.J. - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old skateboarder is in critical condition after being hit by a car early Saturday morning in Cape May County.
The accident happened at 12:40 a.m. on US Route 9 in the Mayville section of Middle Township.
Police say the driver of a Nissan Maxima, 19-year-old Samuel Caraballo, was driving southbound and crossed into the northbound lane to pass another vehicle.
It was while Caraballo's car was in the northbound lane that the victim , riding a skateboard, was hit.
The victim was last reported to be in critical condition at the hospital.
Police say Caraballo was in a passing lane at the time of the crash. However, police also say Caraballo's driver's license had been suspended.
He was charged with Causing Serious Bodily Injury During a Motor Vehicle Accident While Driving While Suspended among other charges.
Caraballo was released on his own recognizance.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
new jersey, cape may county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1