Teen skateboarder hit by car in Cape May Co.
MAYVILLE, N.J. - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old skateboarder is in critical condition after being hit by a car early Saturday morning in Cape May County.
The accident happened at 12:40 a.m. on US Route 9 in the Mayville section of Middle Township.
Police say the driver of a Nissan Maxima, 19-year-old Samuel Caraballo, was driving southbound and crossed into the northbound lane to pass another vehicle.
It was while Caraballo's car was in the northbound lane that the victim , riding a skateboard, was hit.
The victim was last reported to be in critical condition at the hospital.
Police say Caraballo was in a passing lane at the time of the crash. However, police also say Caraballo's driver's license had been suspended.
He was charged with Causing Serious Bodily Injury During a Motor Vehicle Accident While Driving While Suspended among other charges.
Caraballo was released on his own recognizance.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
new jersey, cape may county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station