Crimefighters: Who killed Michael Hagan?
PHILADELPHIA - August 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- It was one month ago that a Philadelphia man took his last breath after a night out with friends in Society Hill.
Now, Michael Hagan's family hopes someone can provide information to bring his killer to justice.
"He was a smart, educated person. He was the type of person that this city wants to live here," said his father, Michael Hagan, Sr.
32-year-old Michael Hagan fell in love with Philadelphia during his college days at Drexel University.
"He loved the city, he loved everything about it, the energy, the action of the city," Michael Sr. said.
The weekend of July 1st Michael was out with friends in the Society Hill section.
At about 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, he was headed home when the unthinkable happened.
"He was a block off of South Street, he was murdered. Cold blooded, shot once, robbed and that was the end of our son," Michael Sr. said.
Officers found Michael suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest in the 400 block of South 4th Street. He later died at the hospital.
His parents say Michael's wallet, keys and credit cards were missing.
"What is going on in our society today? Is this what we're about now? This is a disgrace," Michael Sr. said.
These grieving parents even have a hard time expressing into words what they have lost.
"Just everything about him. Just being able to talk to him. Everything, everything about him," said his mother, Carol.
Now, Michael and Carol Hagan are pleading with anyone in the area who has a camera mounted outside to turn over the video to the police.
As an extra incentive, the Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $20,000 reward.
On top of that, the city of Philadelphia is offering up to $20,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
You can make an anonymous call to either 215-546-TIPS or 215-686-TIPS.
crimefighters, philadelphia, homicide, local/state, rick williams
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.