Fire closes 4 stores inside Gallery in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four stores inside the Gallery in Center City are closed Sunday after a fire broke out.
It happened around 5:00 Sunday morning inside the Dollar Store on the 900 block of Market Street.
Arriving crews were met with smoky conditions and quickly found the flames.
The flames were brought under control within an hour.
The gallery reopened at noon Sunday with the exception of four stores that were affected by the fire.
So far there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
40 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
22 min ago