Fire closes 4 stores inside Gallery in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four stores inside the Gallery in Center City are closed Sunday after a fire broke out.
It happened around 5:00 Sunday morning inside the Dollar Store on the 900 block of Market Street.
Arriving crews were met with smoky conditions and quickly found the flames.
The flames were brought under control within an hour.
The gallery reopened at noon Sunday with the exception of four stores that were affected by the fire.
So far there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 34 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos