Fire closes 4 stores inside Gallery in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four stores inside the Gallery in Center City are closed Sunday after a fire broke out.
It happened around 5:00 Sunday morning inside the Dollar Store on the 900 block of Market Street.
Arriving crews were met with smoky conditions and quickly found the flames.
The flames were brought under control within an hour.
The gallery reopened at noon Sunday with the exception of four stores that were affected by the fire.
So far there is no word on what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, center city, fire, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 4 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool